LaLiga: I advised Lautaro Martinez not to join Barcelona – Crespo

Former Inter striker, Hernan Crespo, has revealed that he advised the club’s forward, Lautaro Martinez, not to join Barcelona last summer.

Crespo, who is currently the coach of Sao Paulo, said he urged Martinez not to accept Barcelona’s offer but to remain at the Nerazzurri for the 2020/21 season.

Recall that Barcelona was interested in signing Martinez from Inter last summer transfer.

But the Argentine international ended up staying at Antonio Conte’s side.

“I have known Lautaro for a long time,” Crespo told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Last summer, I advised him to not accept Barcelona’s offer and stay at Inter, and in the end, I was right.

“Lautaro is lethal in the box, and his moves are always directed to shooting at goal.

“He is strong with his head. He has opportunities, and he faces defenders taller than him.”

Martinez has been impressive for Inter Milan so far this season.

The 23-year-old scored a brace in Inter’s 3-0 victory against rivals AC Milan in the Serie A last Sunday to push Conte’s men on top of the log with four points ahead of the Rossoneri.

Originally posted 2021-03-05 23:28:26.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*